Employer: Presbyterian Homes and Services (PHS)
Position Title: Nursing Assistant (Multiple Openings)
Loc: Twin Cities metro area, MN
The Nursing Assistant is responsible for the provision of high quality care and services to residents to support the choices of residents, while maintaining consistency with regulations and established best practices. The Nursing Assistant is expected to enroll in a Certified Nursing Assistant course upon starting work for PHS.
1) Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care to residents under the direction of nursing and medical staff.
2) Answer call lights or intercom system to determine residents’ needs.
3) Bathe, dress, and undress residents.
4) Serve, collect and store meals or food trays, prepare light meals and snacks and feed residents requiring help.
5) Provide transfer assistance including stand by, one person assist, use of mechanical devices to assist residents with transfer/repositioning.
6) Transport residents, using wheelchair, mechanical devices or stand by assist residents to walk.
7) Drape residents for examination and treatment.
8) Turn and reposition bedfast residents to prevent bedsores.
9) Change bed linens, clean and stock supplies
10) Direct visitors, and answer telephone.
11) Medication Administration in Assisted Living
12) Take and record temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration rates, and food and fluid intake as directed.
13) Incontinence care, preventative skin care, catheter care and toileting assistance
14) Maintain all required documentation in accordance with regulations and established clinical best practices.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.