Presbyterian Homes Management and Services function is seeking a full time Care Center Billing Specialist to join its finance team. This position is responsible billing for Care Centers at Langton Shores, but will mainly office out of the Hamline office located in Roseville.
The Care Center Billing Specialist performs a variety of general tasks including preparing Skilled Nursing bills for submission, Point Click Care payer tree set up, preparing deposits, posting cash and follow up collection activities.
Some specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Assure all payers are set up correctly in Point Click Care, and that all charges fall to the appropriate payer.
2. Bill all Skilled Nursing charges timely and correctly. Audit all assigned accounts to assure appropriate charges for all services delivered.
3. Timely and correct application of all payments received (including ACH, EFT cash and checks).
4. Timely follow up with insurance companies on unpaid claims. Timely follow up with residents on past due private pay balances. Maintain and appropriate DSO.
5. Maintain accurate resident Trust accounts.
6. Synergize finance team’s goals with organizational goals by actively participating in department and finance function activities, meetings, and processes. Assist in the orientation of new team members as assigned. Maintain effective communication systems with all customers and staff.
7. Promote continuous self development and growth. Exhibit technical competence in the field by being familiar with and ensuring compliance with regulations and established best practices. Maintain current knowledge of community resources and organization and industry policies and practices.
8. Support PHS spiritual programming; reinforce the Christian heritage and culture through communications; recognize the importance of spiritual matters to customers and employees.
9. Other areas as identified to support aligned goal setting and achievement as driven by the Chief Financial Officer.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.