Senior Lifestyle Design – The in-house design firm for Presbyterian Homes & Services, the interior design company of Presbyterian Homes & Services, is seeking a full time Interior Designer to join its team.
Senior Lifestyle Design (SLD), in partnership with Presbyterian Homes and Services works collaboratively designing new senior living communities and renovating existing communities for Presbyterian Homes and Services and for other organizations around the country.
1. Attract more residents, provide a more relaxing stay, and increase building’s overall appeal by establishing the design directives, assisting with or leading the preparation of the Design, and writing project specifications by meeting with Clients/Project Owners. Prepare all Contract Documents and Specifications for art, accessories, furniture/upholstery, finish, and window treatments in accordance with the design directives. Draft Space Plans & Finish Plans, and field measure areas within project where measurements are necessary. Present/sell Design Concept by describing the character, function, and aesthetic of a project. Update the Libraries: Catalogs, Draperies, Upholsteries, Flooring, Wallcovering, Cut File in Design and Purchasing.
2. Ensure high quality and productive relationships with outside vendors and clients. Contract installers for carpet, wallcovering, laminate/cabinetry work, furnishings, and artwork, including the initial walk through, writing contractors specifications, and collecting installation bids. Review and evaluate the implementation of projects while in progress and upon completion as representative of and on behalf of client.
3. Demonstrate good stewardship of available resources. Assist in monitoring the budget and verify accuracy of final Design Specifications compared to final project budget.
4. Ensure latest and best products by meeting with product representatives and researching new products. Provide rep review updates for the design department. Research appropriate vendors for best value and pricing. Keep Project Managers informed of needed supplies for presentation boards, drafting, or general office supplies. Coordinate and monitor progress of final interior finishes and furnishings throughout the design/build process.
5. Promote continuous self development and growth. Exhibit technical competence in the field by being familiar with and ensuring compliance with regulations and established best practices. Maintain current knowledge of community resources and organization and industry policies and practices. Use discretion and independent judgment to compare and evaluate possible courses of action and decision-making.
6. Support the integration of Christian Culture in the community; reinforce the Christian heritage and culture through communication and education systems; support the work of on-site chaplains and spiritual program; recognize the importance of spiritual matters to residents and employees.
7. Other areas as identified to support aligned goal setting and achievement as driven by the Director of Interior Design.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.