Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS) is seeking an on call Speech Language Pathologist to join our rehab team to serve the following sites:
Boutwells Landing in Oak Park Heights, MN
The Deerfield in New Richmond, WI
GracePointe Crossings in Cambridge, MN
PHS Rehab SLPs provide weekday services to older adults in our short term rehab and long term care settings. On call requirements include a minimum of one shift per month. SLP WI license is required for The Deerfield.
If you have a passion and desire to enrich the lives and touch the hearts of older adults, consider joining our team in providing compassionate, high quality care and services within a caring Christian culture.
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing and monitoring high quality speech therapy care and services to residents consistent with regulations and established rehabilitation policies, procedures and best practices.
• Provide direct care of residents with physician ordered evaluation and treatment based upon regulations and established rehabilitative procedures and best practices.
• Provide consultation, evaluation, and assessment of residents as needed.
• Implement treatment plans.
• Participate in patient/resident care planning with the team and other health care provider.
• Provide patient/resident and family education/consultation.
• Communicate resident status and needs to the patient/resident, their family, staff and other professionals (i.e. care conferences).
• Refer to other professionals as appropriate.
• Participate in discharge planning processes.
• Maintain records by practice standards, third party payers and regulatory agencies.
• Complete necessary portions of MDS/QMDS/care plans as required. Maintain all required documentation in accordance with regulations and established rehabilitation best practices.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.