Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking a Quality of Life Specialist to join our ResoLUTE program team. This team member will work at our Johanna Shores campus. The Quality of Life Specialist will be the catalyst for improving late life living with attention to the work of aging. They will facilitate conversations and collaborative relationships between residents in the late life gap, their loved ones, provider and the care team with attention to the work of aging.
This position will play a key role in the development and implementation of the Empira ResoLute Program that seeks to challenge the current status quo approach to late life living and dying, strengthen understanding of the importance of truthful prognostication, and inspire individuals to embrace the work of aging.
3200 Lake Johanna Blvd
Arden Hills, MN 55112
On the shores of Lake Johanna, a beautiful, wooded lakeside setting gives Johanna Shores a distinctly natural backdrop. Not far from either Minneapolis or St. Paul, this large community of dedicated staff offers a peaceful and refreshing place to work.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Off-street parking (heated underground parking available for a monthly fee)
- Discounted employee meals
- Free Fitness Center access
- Onsite gift shop
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care, Long Term Care with Memory Care
1. Facilitate “work of aging” care planning with a balanced approach to biological, psychological, and social late life needs of residents.
2. Develop a trusting relationship with all stakeholders.
3. Assess and discover knowledge gaps of resident and family understanding of diagnosis, disease trajectory, and individual prognostication
4. Unite resident, family, providers and care team in understanding of the resident condition.
5. Identify and communicate priorities, hopes, fears, life reflections and legacy wishes of the resident.
6. Create a late life plan jointly with the resident, provider, care team and their loved ones based on what matters most to them
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.