Presbyterian Homes & Services - Boutwells Landing is seeking a Life Enrichment Assistant/Recreation Assistant to join its team. The Life Enrichment Assistant is responsible for implementing and monitoring assigned life enrichment / leisure life programming for residents consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices. Experience working with memory care residents preferred.
SCHEDULE/HOURS: 3 days/week (AM and PM with some flexibility to be determined upon hire); Every third weekend rotation.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: This position reports to the Life Enrichment Director (Care Center).
ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
5600 Norwich Parkway
Oak Park Heights, MN 55082
Boutwells Landing is over 100 acres in total, graced with ponds, walkways and rolling parkland for residents and employees to enjoy. Boutwells is a large community that offers the full continuum of care.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Off-street parking
- Discounted employee meals
- Free Fitness Center access
- On-site daycare
- On-site library to check out books
- Great employee events and celebrations
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care, Long Term Care with Memory Care, Transitional Care/Rehab
Reponsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Implement assigned activities that help residents achieve “their best day”, filled with a wide variety of meaningful relationships and activities.
• Perform assigned work routines and daily assignments to meet the psychosocial and activities needs of residents and the Household, including:
o Creating diverse opportunities for meaningful pursuits, daily pleasures, recreation, exercise, friendships, social interaction, growth and learning, fun and enjoyment, personal routines, spontaneous activity and Household rituals.
• Participate in Chat Circles with residents and staff in the household daily.
• Assist residents with activities of their choice, group, individual or one on one.
• Take residents outdoors or out in the site community.
• Participate in outings and special events.
• Perform miscellaneous tasks as needed for residents such as shopping, running errands, assisting with correspondence, reading/writing letters etc.
• Provide one on one interaction with residents based on preferences.
• Transport residents to other parts of the community.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.