Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking a Fitness Instructor for its team! The Fitness Instructor will provide direct “hands-on” instruction for the residents, community members, and staff of our community.
Responsibilities include, administering fitness assessments, developing personalized exercise programs, tracking of program usage, and providing creative Wellness programs. The Fitness Instructor will teach a variety of group exercise classes to address all levels of fitness. The Fitness Instructor works directly with the Wellness Director to develop, maintain, and provide wellness opportunities to our community.
Additional responsibilities include: ensuring the facilities and equipment are operating safely, maintaining high level of sanitation, and ensuring programs and services are being operated in accordance to appropriate policies and procedures as well as appropriate State and local regulations.
CURRENT OPENING INCLUDING SITES AND SCHEDULE: Kirkland Crossings - Pewaukee, WI and Dickson Hollow - Menomonee Falls, WI Schedule is 6 hours per day Monday - Friday.
ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
700 Quinlin Drive Pewaukee, WI 53072
Kirkland Crossings is situated in a natural prairie setting complete with ponds, prairie meadows and foot trails, providing a calming and inviting work environment.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as: - Underground heated parking available for a monthly fee - Discounted employee meals - Free Fitness Center access.
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Independent Living
W156N4881 Pilgrim Road Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Dickson Hollow is located on the north border of Brookfield, a suburb of Milwaukee. Our community was developed in collaboration with Presbyterian Homes of WI and includes attached worship and ministry space for Living Hope Presbyterian Church. Join our vibrant and welcoming community of residents and staff.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as: - Discounted employee meals - Free Fitness Center access.
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care
• Conduct professional classes in aquatic aerobics, arthritis exercise, balance, strengthening, and flexibility, and additional topics which may be of benefit to the senior participants of Fitness Center.
• In cooperation with the Regional Wellness Director develop and implement a curriculum and schedule of classes that will address the needs of the participants of the Fitness Center and provide the variety and frequency of classes to reach a wide spectrum of participants based upon regulations and established clinical best practices.
• Ensure that classes address fitness goals while at the same time protecting the health of each participant as assigned.
• Provide lifeguard services on the pool deck to monitor the utilization of the pool, ensure the safety of all participants, and provide lifesaving intervention as necessary.
• Be knowledgeable of the computerized system that registers residents, records utilization, and records their progress.
• Maintain the Wellness Center, Equipment and Pools is clean and safe operating condition in accordance with applicable regulations and standards, as assigned.
• Take responsibility for the sanitation needs of the pool that are the responsibility of the Fitness staff (pool vacuuming, monitoring chemical balance, removing deck obstructions, etc.).
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.