Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking a Payroll Manager to join our team. This position is based out of our Corporate Home Office in Roseville, MN and supports all our payroll functions throughout MN, IA, and WI. The Payroll Manager is responsible for the centralized management of human resources and payroll information for all employees in the corporation.
The Payroll Manager reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and directly supervises the Payroll Assistants (2).
The Payroll Manager works collaboratively with PHS Management staff, Regional Operations Directors, Site Leaders, Site HR Reps, Regional HR Managers, Finance team, Controllers/Auditors, IT team, Corporate HR team, employees, and Vendors (PR, Taxes, T & A System).
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related field.
2. 7+ years experience processing payroll (fast paced, high volume—5000+ multi located employees).
3. 3+ years Management/Supervisor experience in a payroll deadline oriented environment.
4. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office applications and HRIS systems (Payroll & Tax,);HRIS Ceridian/Dayforce experience preferred.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects, and deadlines simultaneously.
6. Demonstrated experience & understanding of payroll systems including Time & Attendance system.
7. Related industry designation CPP—Certified Payroll Practitioner preferred.
8. Knowledge of multi-state payroll rules and regulations. Thorough understanding of garnishment rules/regulations and processing.
9. Ability to use analysis to resolve complex issues, results driven.
10. Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
11. Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
12. Excellent written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
13. Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.