Presbyterian Homes & Services - Highland Ridge in Williamsburg, Iowa is seeking Registered Nurses to join our Long Term Care team.
As a Registered Nurse, you will play a critical role in caring for older adults- not only physically, but emotionally, socially, mentally, and spiritually. You will also get to work with a team who has the same mission, and have the opportunity in developing and executing innovative ideas about how to best serve the older adults entrusted to our care. Whether you desire to continue your learning and professional development within your RN role or beyond, PHS has many opportunities for you to attend a diverse selection of classes, apply for education reimbursement, and grow within the company.
SCHEDULE/HOURS: Every weekend Nights (Friday and Saturday night)
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The RN reports directly to the Clinical Coordinator or Clinical Administrator as designated at the site.
The RN supervises the work of LPNs, Medication Assistants and Resident Assistants in the community on his/her assigned shift.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the provision and monitoring of high quality clinical care and services to residents consistent with regulations and established clinical best practices.
• Follow the steps of the nursing process: Assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care based upon regulations and established clinical best practices.
• Perform nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of each resident.
• Maintain all required documentation in accordance with regulations and established clinical best practices.
• Coordinate clinical care with other health care professionals inside and outside PHS.
• Maintain a work environment for employees conducive to high productivity and morale. Maintain effective communication systems with employees.
• Assist in the orientation of new team members as assigned.
• Manage the performance of assigned staff under your supervision. Coach and assist staff to achieve desired outcomes and individual development.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.