Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking a Full Time Dietetic Technician Registered (DTR) for its team. The Dietetic Technician is responsible for providing quality clinical nutritional care and programs under the supervision of a Dietitian for residents of the Care Centers consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices. This person will participate in assessment, planning, implementation, documentation, evaluation, and education based upon regulations and established nutritional best practices including but not limited to anthropometric, laboratory information, appetite, diet orders, nutrition history, medications, and potential nutrition-related complications and risks under the supervision of an RD.
SCHEDULE/HOURS: 72 hours per pay period. _____________________________________________________
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The Dietetic Technician reports to the Regional Registered Dietitian (RD) with a dotted line relationship to the RD at the site.
• Monitor the nutritional components of the medical record for completeness and accuracy. Attend resident care conferences and contribute nutritional care information and care plans. Collaborate with interdisciplinary team regarding nutritional concerns.
• Conduct patient education with patient and family as needed.
• Assist in menu and recipe planning and implementation.
• Implement specialized/modified diets as ordered by a physician; maintain a system to ensure accuracy of diet orders and specialized/modified diet implementation.
• Establish and maintain effective communication systems with all customers.
• Assist in meal preparation and service as designated on site.
• Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation, and quality standards. Assist nutrition and culinary department in coordinating recipe development and standardization/development of menus.
• Review menus as designated by facility for nutritional adequacy, palatability, presentation.
• Inspect meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and standards of palatability and appearance.
• Provide support in implementing established nutritional care policies, procedures and practices.
• Assist Dietitian in procedures/tools for nutritional intervention and attainment of goals for residents determined to be at nutritional risk.
• Complete required portions of MDS, Care Plans, and Care Area Triggers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.