Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our ResoLUTE program team as a Quality of Life Specialist. The Quality of Life Specialist will be the catalyst for improving late life living with attention to the work of aging. They will facilitate conversations and collaborative relationships between residents in the late life gap, their loved ones, provider and the care team with attention to the work of aging.
This position will play a key role in the development and implementation of the Empira ResoLute Program that seeks to challenge the current status quo approach to late life living and dying, strengthen understanding of the importance of truthful prognostication, and inspire individuals to embrace the work of aging.
1. Facilitate “work of aging” care planning with a balanced approach to biological, psychological, and social late life needs of residents.
2. Develop a trusting relationship with all stakeholders.
3. Assess and discover knowledge gaps of resident and family understanding of diagnosis, disease trajectory, and individual prognostication
4. Unite resident, family, providers and care team in understanding of the resident condition.
5. Identify and communicate priorities, hopes, fears, life reflections and legacy wishes of the resident.
6. Create a late life plan jointly with the resident, provider, care team and their loved ones based on what matters most to them
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.