Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS) is seeking a Physical Therapist with experience to join our new rehab team at Norris Square in Cottage Grove. This position is an integral member of the start up team. The new care center and rehab department is anticipated to open this fall. This position is anticipated to start part time and gradually build to a full time position. This position has the opportunity to float to other PHS locations to maintain a full time status during the opening months.
Our Mission at PHS is to honor God by enriching the lives & touching the hearts of older adults. At PHS rehab, we provide meaningful rehabilitation rooted in the Christian experience. As a therapist serving PHS Rehab, you are part of an in house rehab team. You are supported by the interdisciplinary team to provide the best rehab services.
ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
The close-knit community at Norris Square will create enriching opportunities. Experience the positive impact of the caring and compassionate culture of employees and residents. As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as: - Underground heated parking - Discounted employee meals - Free Fitness Center - Backyard patio and fire pit. This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Enhanced Assisted Living and Long Term Care.
The Physical Therapist is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing and monitoring high quality physical therapy care and services to residents consistent with regulations and established rehabilitation policies, procedures and best practices.
• Provide direct care of residents with physician ordered evaluation and treatment based upon regulations and established rehabilitative procedures and best practices.
• Provide consultation, evaluation, and assessment of residents as needed. Implement treatment plans.
• Participate in patient/resident care planning with the team and other health care provider.
• Provide patient/resident and family education/consultation.
• Communicate resident status and needs to the patient/resident, their family, staff and other professionals (i.e. care conferences). Refer to other professionals as appropriate.
• Participate in discharge planning processes.
• Maintain records by practice standards, third party payers and regulatory agencies.
• Complete necessary portions of MDS/QMDS/care plans as required.
• Maintain all required documentation in accordance with regulations and established rehabilitation best practices.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.