Employer: Presbyterian Homes and Services (PHS)
Position Title: Nursing Assistant (Multiple Openings)
Loc: Twin Cities metro area, MN
The Nursing Assistant is responsible for the provision of high quality care and services to residents to support the choices of residents, while maintaining consistency with regulations and established best practices. The Nursing Assistant is expected to enroll in a Certified Nursing Assistant course upon starting work for PHS.
1) Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care to patients under the direction of nursing and medical staff.
2) Answer signal light bells or intercom system to determine patients’ needs.
3) Bathe, dress, and undress patients.
4) Serve and collect food trays and feed patients requiring help.
5) Transport patients, using wheelchair or assist patients to walk.
6) Drape patients for examination and treatment.
7) Turn and reposition bedfast patients to prevent bedsores.
8) Change bed linens, clean and stock supplies
9) Direct visitors, and answer telephone.
10) Take and record temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration rates, and food and fluid intake as directed.
11) Incontinence care, preventative skin care, catheter care and toileting assistance
1) Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand English
2) Critical thinking, teamwork and self-leadership skills
3) Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, carrying up to 24lbs occasionally
4) Ability to use right and left hands for repetitive action such as finger grasping and fine manipulating
5) Ability to move, assist, and/or help lift residents (100-250+lbs)
6) Ability to repeatedly bend, squat, twist, and push/pull
7) Ability to stand/walk 80-90% of shift and sit up to 50% of the 8 hour shift
8) Pass criminal background check
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.