If you have a passion and wish to enrich the lives and touch the hearts of older adults, consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian culture.
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Folkestone and Summerwoood of Plymouth are seeking an On-Call /Casual Fitness Instructor for its team. This position will serve primarily within our full campus continuum of care at Folkestone and will provide support to the Summerwood Of Plymouth community as needed.
The Fitness Instructor conducts classes for the seniors who are involved with the Fitness Center programs at assigned PHS sites. The Instructor works with the Regional Wellness Director to develop the curriculum and lesson plans necessary to ensure excellent classes are delivered to address the wellness objectives of the participants. Additional responsibilities include: ensuring the facilities and equipment are operating safely, maintaining high level of sanitation, and ensuring programs and services are being operated in accordance to appropriate policies and procedures as well as appropriate State and local regulations. The Instructor will provide direct “hands-on” services for the participants of the pools and fitness center.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The Fitness Instructor reports to the Fitness Director.
CURRENT OPENING INCLUDING SITES AND SCHEDULE: On a weekly need basis or as needed.
ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
Folkestone 100 Promenade Avenue Wayzata, MN 55391
Folkestone is a progressive "green" community featuring access to pedestrian walkways, shopping and dining, plazas and open space, public art and fountains - all walking distance from downtown Wayzata and Lake Minnetonka. As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as: - Heated underground parking for all employees - Discounted employee meals - Free Fitness Center access - Heated streets and sidewalks (no snow and ice in the winter!) - Lots of dining choices nearby - Brand new equipment This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Enhanced Assisted Living, Care Center/Long Term Care
• Conduct professional classes in aquatic aerobics, arthritis exercise, balance, strengthening, and flexibility, and additional topics which may be of benefit to the senior participants of Fitness Center.
• In cooperation with the Regional Wellness Director develop and implement a curriculum and schedule of classes that will address the needs of the participants of the Fitness Center and provide the variety and frequency of classes to reach a wide spectrum of participants based upon regulations and established clinical best practices.
• Ensure that classes address fitness goals while at the same time protecting the health of each participant as assigned.
• Provide lifeguard services on the pool deck to monitor the utilization of the pool, ensure the safety of all participants, and provide lifesaving intervention as necessary.
• Be knowledgeable of the computerized system that registers residents, records utilization, and records their progress.
• Maintain the Wellness Center, Equipment and Pools is clean and safe operating condition in accordance with applicable regulations and standards, as assigned.
• Take responsibility for the sanitation needs of the pool that are the responsibility of the Fitness staff (pool vacuuming, monitoring chemical balance, removing deck obstructions, etc.).
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.