Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking an On Call Registered Dietician (RD) for its team. We have a number of PHS communities in the Twin Cities area and Western Wisconsin and the On Call RD could be asked to help cover at any of them. On Call coverage is used for planned vacations or leaves, and there is generally advance notice of available hours. Working hours are generally during business hours, but there could be some flexibility. We currently ask On Call employees to be available for one shift a month, but the need could be greater at any given time.
The Registered Dietitian is responsible for providing quality clinical nutritional care and programs for residents of the Presbyterian Homes and Services Communities consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures, and best practices.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The Registered Dietitian reports directly to the Corporate Dietician.
The Dietitian may assist in the supervision of Cooks, Servers, Lead Servers, and Diet Technicians as assigned at the site. The Dietitian works closely with other health professionals inside and outside PHS to coordinate nutritional care for residents.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Implement the established nutritional care programs: Assessment, planning, implementation, documentation, evaluation, and education based upon regulations and established nutritional best practices including but not limited to anthropometric, laboratory information, appetite, diet orders, nutrition history, medications, and nutrition related complications and risks.
• Implement and maintain procedures and documentation for residents determined at nutritional risk according to facility protocol.
• Monitor the nutritional components of the medical record for completeness and accuracy.
• Attend resident care conferences and contribute nutritional care information and care plans. Collaborate with interdisciplinary team regarding nutritional concerns.
• Conduct patient education with patient and family as needed.
• Plan/Approve menus and oversee implementation.
• Implement specialized/modified diets as ordered by a physician; maintain a system to ensure accuracy of diet orders and specialized/modified diet implementation.
• Oversee in meal preparation and service as designated on site.
• Assist the nutrition and culinary department in coordinating recipe development and standardization/development of menus.
• Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation, and quality standards.
• Review menus as designated by facility for nutritional adequacy, palatability, presentation.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.