Presbyterian Homes & Services - Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington, is seeking part time Life Enrichment Assistants for its team. The Life Enrichment Assistant is responsible for implementing and monitoring assigned life enrichment / leisure life programming for residents consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices. These positions will serve primarily in our Long Term and Transitional Care Center communities, along with our Long Term Care memory care community. Schedules include weekday afternoon hours and a weekend rotation.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about serving others and are excited to serve as a team player in our ministry. Experience in supporting dynamic programs, classes and events in a care center setting and memory care environment is preferred, a music or art background is a plus.
ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington
9889 Penn Avenue South
Bloomington, MN 55431
Readily recognizable by the striking clock tower facing Penn Avenue, the village-like setting of Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington continues to grow better with the years.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Bus route access
- Free fitness center access
- Discounted employee meals
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care, Long Term Care with Memory Care, Transitional Care/Rehab
Reponsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Implement assigned activities that help residents achieve “their best day”, filled with a wide variety of meaningful relationships and activities.
• Perform assigned work routines and daily assignments to meet the psychosocial and activities needs of residents and the Household, including:
o Creating diverse opportunities for meaningful pursuits, daily pleasures, recreation, exercise, friendships, social interaction, growth and learning, fun and enjoyment, personal routines, spontaneous activity and Household rituals.
• Participate in Chat Circles with residents and staff in the household daily.
• Assist residents with activities of their choice, group, individual or one on one.
• Take residents outdoors or out in the site community.
• Participate in outings and special events.
• Perform miscellaneous tasks as needed for residents such as shopping, running errands, assisting with correspondence, reading/writing letters etc.
• Provide one on one interaction with residents based on preferences.
• Transport residents to other parts of the community.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.