Presbyterian Homes & Services-GracePointe Crossing is seeking a part time Fitness Instructor for its team. Our wellness team at PHS strives to foster an engaging fitness experience that promotes healthy living. This new position is 12 hours a week and will serve our residents in our brand new wellness center. The fitness instructor will lead engaging group fitness classes for those we serve. Experience with older adults is preferred.
ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
135 Fern Street North
Cambridge, MN 55008
At the heart of GracePointe Crossing is a community of employees who are committed to high quality service as a ministry of compassion and fellowship. Conveniently located near downtown Cambridge for an easy commute.
As an employee you can take advantage of a variety of amenities such as:
- Off-street parking
- Monthly employee appreciation events
- Gift shop
This community offers the following care options: Assisted Living, Assisted Living with Memory Care, Care Center/Long Term Care, Long Term Care with Memory Care, Transitional Care/Rehab
• Conduct professional classes in aquatic aerobics, arthritis exercise, balance, strengthening, and flexibility, and additional topics which may be of benefit to the senior participants of Fitness Center.
• In cooperation with the Regional Wellness Director develop and implement a curriculum and schedule of classes that will address the needs of the participants of the Fitness Center and provide the variety and frequency of classes to reach a wide spectrum of participants based upon regulations and established clinical best practices.
• Ensure that classes address fitness goals while at the same time protecting the health of each participant as assigned.
• Provide lifeguard services on the pool deck to monitor the utilization of the pool, ensure the safety of all participants, and provide lifesaving intervention as necessary.
• Be knowledgeable of the computerized system that registers residents, records utilization, and records their progress.
• Maintain the Wellness Center, Equipment and Pools is clean and safe operating condition in accordance with applicable regulations and standards, as assigned.
• Take responsibility for the sanitation needs of the pool that are the responsibility of the Fitness staff (pool vacuuming, monitoring chemical balance, removing deck obstructions, etc.).
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing high-quality housing, care, and service options for older adults since 1955. Currently serving over 26,000 older adults in 43 locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa, we seek compassionate employees to further our reputation as an innovative leader committed to promoting independence, vitality, and well-being for those we serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With over 6,300 employees and plans for continued growth, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.